Monday, April 26, 2010

The Next New Thing

Nearly every kind of 'new media' exist already. For instance, you can do nearly anything you want due to the enormity of apps on the iPhone. I guess for something to be 'new' in new media would be integration of different parts of new media. Have one thing that can do everything efficiently. I personally use Amazon and Youtube a lot. I would browse what product to buy on Amazon and then open a new tab to find video reviews for the product. Why not combine both. It's definitely more helpful to have a video review of how the product looks and feels as well as written personal reviews.

4 comments:

  1. "Everything that can be invented has been invented"- the phrase was said in 1899... So I would be careful saying that every kind of new media exist already. People always come up with crazy ideas that sometimes do get realized into something workable. The idea of combining Amazon and YouTube sounds great! I did not even know there are video reviews of products. Never used any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The though of Amazon and Youtube being combined together is just making me think of Google buying Amazon and becoming an Internet monopoly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you. Opening up countless tabs can be a hassle sometimes. Not only that it can get extremely confusing. This is a really good idea and i hope to see it soon in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true. Integration is what's definitely happening now that almost every kind of new media currently exists and it will continue to happen in the future. I was shocked to know after my presentation this afternoon that a Social Networking Site called mylife.com (correct me if I am wrong) that actually has your profiles on the SNS that you are signed up to.

    ReplyDelete