Monday, March 15, 2010

Twitter: Discussion

I find the twitter discussions to be very interesting. Due to the limited amount of words we can input, I had to really think of what I should put and be straight to the point. The layout for twitter allows you to see who wrote what and when. Plus the #3810XZ24A made things very organize. But I notice that not everyone used it, making the page look very messy!! >:o

Twitter discussion is better than the BB discussion board simply because it's not on blackboard. It's much more user-friendly, rather than navigating through blackboard which can be a pain. But, I do like the fact that you can simply reply to someone's posting and see others reply as well in BB compare with twitter, where you have to type "RT" and copy lines and it's hard to see the discussions going on with other people. But, compare to a in-class discussion, twitter allows someone who is shy to be heard, whereas they will just stay silent in class. But the face to face contact in class is definitely better in understanding what someone meant.

1 comment:

  1. I actually started replying to the tweets of our classmates and yes, I did forget to put the Class hashtag. I definitely agree with you when you said that Twitter discussion is better than Bb discussion. Yet in class discussions are still the best way to understand what somebody meant because we actually see their gestures and reactions.

    ReplyDelete